Lucky Year 13!

Hello, students!  Here we are starting another year, and I am still a bit taken aback by the fact that this will be my 13th year of teaching!

Besides being a teacher and a lover of reading, I am a mom, wife, sister, daughter, director, singer, actress, and lover of reality T.V. (please don’t judge).  Prior to starting my family, I was very active in the community theatre scene in town.  I’ve played roles such as the Narrator in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Evita, and Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors.  I love to perform, and I’m sure that’s no surprise to my students.  I also love to cook for and with my family.  I consider myself a real-foodie, meaning I try to avoid processed foods and be healthy.  At my house we often make our own ice cream, though I must admit that Ben & Jerry’s Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Dough is a personal favorite!

I was an English Literature major in college, and after graduation, I moved to New York City to teach 7th and 8th grade in the South Bronx.  While living in New York, I received my masters degree in teaching.  I soon returned home, though, to teach in my hometown.

I’m looking forward to a wonderful and exciting year with my new students.  I hope that all of us, me included, can be brave learners! drama